The program will be held at the Embassy Suites Hotel Downtown/Old Market:
Embassy Suites Hotel Downtown/Old Market
555 South 10th Street
Omaha, NE 68102
The hotel, which is a short five-minute drive from Omaha’s Eppley Airfield and easily accessible from Interstate 480, offers a myriad of dining, shopping and entertainment options in the historic Old Market District. Several attractions are located within walking distance or a short drive, including the Holland Performing Arts Center, Joslyn Museum, the Durham Museum, the world-renowned Henry Doorly Zoo, Gallup University and the University of Nebraska Medical Center campus.
- From the North: I-29 to I-480 West Across the River into Omaha. Take Dodge Street Exit. At Stoplight Turn Left on 10th Street. Proceed 1⁄2 Mile – Hotel is on the Left
- From the West: I-80 East Through Omaha to I-480 North/Downtown. Take I-480 North to Harney Street Exit – Continue East on Harney Street to 10th Street. Turn Right on 10th Street. Hotel is on the Left
- From the South: I-29 North to I-480 West Across the River into Omaha. Take Dodge Street Exit. At Stoplight Turn Left on 10th Street. Proceed 1⁄2 Mile – Hotel is on the Left
- From the East: I-80 West to I-29 North to I-480 West Across the River into Omaha. Take Dodge Street Exit. At Stoplight Turn Left on 10th Street. Proceed 1⁄2 Mile – Hotel is on the Left
The Institute is providing validated parking as spaces are available in the 10th & Jackson Lot, located at the SW corner of 10th and Jackson. (Enter from the south side of Jackson Street.) Please note: This is NOT an Emabssy Suites lot. Bring your ticket to the registration desk to receive a validation card. Limited to ONE validation per day.
10th & Jackson – Location: 10th & Jackson: Validated parking for Institute participants
No validation is provided for parking in Embassy Suites lots.
Embassy Suites Valet – Location: 10th Street between Howard & Jackson;
Rate $18 per day
View a detailed map of parking areas in the Old Market.
A limited number of suite-style rooms have been reserved at the Embassy Suites Hotel Downtown/Old Market at the rate of $152 per room, per night plus applicable taxes single/double occupancy
for the nights of December 1 and 2, 2021. You are encouraged to make reservations early, as the group rate will be unavailable once the block of rooms is sold out. Reservations are available on a
first come, first serve basis. The cut-off date for this special room block is November 10, 2021, by 5:00 p.m., Central Standard Time. All reservations after this date will be accepted on a space and rate availability basis.
To make your reservations, call (800) 362-2779 and request the Great Plains Federal block or register online. The block is found in the reservation system under group code: GPF and is named Great Plains Federal Tax Institute.
The hotel is pleased to offer the group rates three days prior and three days after December 1 – December 4, subject to hotel availability.
- The $152 Rate includes a complimentary full cook-to-order breakfast and a complimentary nightly manager’s reception 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. for all overnight guests. Self parking in the Embassy Suites lot is complimentary for hotel guests only. Each two-room suite offers the convenience of in-room refrigerators, microwave ovens, coffee makers, telephones with voice mail and complimentary WiFi. The hotel also offers an on-site fitness center, business center, full-service restaurant and wheelchair accommodations.
Things To Do in Omaha
Visit these web sites for information about attractions and events going on in Omaha on the weekend of the Institute: