The 2020 Tax Institute is Virtual
In an effort to keep our participants safe during the COVID-19 outbreak, we are offering our time-honored Institute in a virtual format only. This year, you may easily access our annual updates and keynote presentations from the safety of your of office or home. A variety of devices, including computers, tablets, smart phones, and other mobile phones in iOS and Android formats may be used to connect to the program.
The 2020 Institute will provide 10 hours of CLE credit, including two hours of ethics credit. The course also offers 12 hours of CPE credit including two hours of ethics.
Steve Gorin Featured as Headline Speaker
Steve Gorin, a nationally recognized St. Louis practitioner in the areas of estate planning and the structuring of privately held businesses, will headline the event. His presentation will address The Secure Act and Entity Selection in Light of 199A. In addition to the Ethics presentation, ever popular faculty will be back with updates on Federal Income Tax, Estate and Gift Taxation, Farm and Ranch Updates, and State Tax, Incentives, and Economic Development.
Special COVID-19 Statement from Nebraska Supreme Court
In response to the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic, the Nebraska Supreme Court has determined it necessary to allow all 10 required credits to be obtained without attending live education (regular/traditional class type) for 2020. As attorneys file annual reports for 2020 in December, reports that have no live education will be accepted when they contain at least 10 total credits including 2 that qualify as professional responsibility/ethics. Contact the MCLE Help Desk at 402.471.3137 or email@example.com with any questions about CLE requirements for attorneys or submission and reporting procedures for CLE sponsors.
The Great Plains Federal Tax Institute is a continuing education conference for attorneys, CPAs, life insurance and other tax professionals. Each year, the Institute assembles subject matter experts from the around nation.
Dec. 3-4, 2020
Online via GoToWebinar
Dec. 2-3, 2021
Embassy Suites - Downtown/Old Market
555 South 10th Street
Features for 2020
- One fee of $250
- Once registered, a link for joining the program will be emailed to you.
- Presenters’ slides, as well as video of the presenter, will be visible via your device’s screen.
- Presenters’ text materials and slides will be accessible to registrants via the Great Plains Federal Tax Institute’s website. A link will be sent to you in advance of the program.
- The Institute will be offered over the course of 2 partial days (Thursday and Friday).
- There will be 10-minute breaks between each presentation as well as lunch breaks each day.
- You will be able to “raise your hand” to ask questions of presenters.
- You may “chat” with a coordinator if you have questions or comments regarding technical matters.
- An online evaluation will be emailed immediately following the final presentation.
- A certficate of participation will be emailed following the Institute.
- Requests for refunds will be accepted through Monday, November 23. To make such a request, send an email to the Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsored by Great Plains Federal Tax Institute, Inc. and in cooperation with Nebraska State Bar Association • Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants • University of Nebraska College of Law • University of Nebraska-Lincoln School of Accountancy
The Great Plains Federal Tax Institute thanks BKD for sponsoring the Thursday evening reception