Important Announcement Regarding the 2020 Tax Institute
The 2020 Great Plains Federal Tax Institute is being planned as a virtual continuing education activity. In its online format, the Institute will take place on its originally announced dates, December 3 and 4. It is expected to offer 10 hours of programming, including 2 hours of Ethics.*
Steve Gorin, a nationally recognized St. Louis practitioner in the areas of estate planning and the structuring of privately held businesses, will headline the event. His presentation will address The Secure Act and Entity Selection in Light of 199A. In addition to the Ethics presentation, ever popular faculty will be back with updates on Federal Income Tax, Estate and Gift Taxation, Farm and Ranch Updates, and State Tax, Incentives, and Economic Development.
Watch for details coming soon!
*Special COVID-19 statement from Nebraska Supreme Court: In response to the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic, the Nebraska Supreme Court has determined it necessary to allow all 10 required credits to be obtained without attending live education (regular/traditional class type) for 2020. As attorneys file annual reports for 2020 in December, reports that have no live education will be accepted when they contain at least 10 total credits including 2 that qualify as professional responsibility/ethics. Contact the MCLE Help Desk at 402.471.3137 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about CLE requirements for attorneys or submission and reporting procedures for CLE sponsors.
The Great Plains Federal Tax Institute is a continuing education conference for attorneys, CPAs, life insurance and other tax professionals. Each year, the Institute assembles subject matter experts from the around nation.
Dec. 3-4, 2020
Online - watch for details
Dec. 2-3, 2021
Embassy Suites - Downtown/Old Market
555 South 10th Street
Features for 2019
- Online registration/credit cards. The Institute accepts registration online with payment via credit card. Paying by check is still an option only forms registering more than one participant. See Information for Registrants.
- Registration Deadline Due to the intervening Thanksgiving holiday and related business closures, the Institute has set a registration deadline of Monday, November 25, 2019. Walk-in registration fee is $610.
- Being green. The Institute encourages participants to take advantage of the course materials offered on its website. Materials may be accessed online. Once registered, you will receive further instructions via email. It is your option to print or not to print the materials.
- Printed materials available for an additional fee. Institute registrants may request a printed copy of the course materials for an additional fee of $180. Persons unable to attend the Institute may obtain written materials as well as access to the online materials for a fee of $285. Order online by November 25, 2019.
- Continuing Education Credit. Please see inside listing of continuing education credit for CPAs, attorneys, and insurance professionals. For more details, see CE Reporting.
Sponsored by Great Plains Federal Tax Institute, Inc. and in cooperation with Nebraska State Bar Association • Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants • University of Nebraska College of Law • University of Nebraska-Lincoln School of Accountancy
The Great Plains Federal Tax Institute thanks BKD for sponsoring the Thursday evening reception