Don’t miss the 56th annual Great Plains Federal Tax Institute where nationally renowned speakers will address the wide-sweeping changes brought about by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017. Not since the Tax Act of 1986 have there been greater changes in federal tax policy, which affects attorneys, CPAs, financial planners, life insurance, and other tax professionals and their representation of their clients.
- Three hours from nationally renowned speaker Stephen Akers covering post-mortem tax planning issues and how to structure trustee powers to avoid tax catastrophes.
- Three hours from nationally renowned speaker and Great Plains favorite Stephanie Loomis-Price covering the art of reviewing an appraisal, ethically protecting privileges, avoiding tax problems at the formation of a family business and how a tax litigator views planning for a family business owner. Stephanie will be joined by Stephen Liss, a national tax expert.
- An in-depth review of federal tax law changes, including a specific presentation on the new Section 199A.
- A full discussion on recent developments in Section 355 tax-free spin-offs.
- Detailed analysis of the recent Wayfair decision and the implications for multi-state companies.
- A look at Nebraska and Iowa state tax and economic development updates.
- A review of current developments in income, estate and gift taxes, presented by local tax experts.
- By continued demand, a lengthened presentation on cur- rent tax issues and planning opportunities for farmers.
- A practical and valuable ethics presentation from University of Nebraska professor Janet Near. Two hours of the Institute are expected to qualify for ethics credit.
Registration Fee Discounts
Early Registration $450 for registrations received by November 6. $510 for registrations received between November 7 and November 19. $345 for participants with five or fewer years in practice.
Please note the new registration deadline of Monday, November 19, 2018.
Download the 2018 Institute Brochure